Find out to work the V stitch, an ornamental stitch using treble stitches and chains that is easy to find out! V stitch is best for homeware, blankets and cushions, in any weight of yarn – and garments and accessories too!
Step by step
- Make a slip knot.
- Chain in multiples of three, plus five stitches.
- Work a treble crochet into the fourth chain from the hook.
- Chain one then work another treble crochet into the very same chain.
- Miss three chains and work another treble, chain, treble into the next stitch. Repeat, until you have 4 chains left.
- Work the last treble sew into the last chain and stop when you have two loops on the hook.
- Snip the first colour yarn, and pull the brand-new yarn through the two hooks. Chain 3 and turn.
- Work a treble, chain, treble into the very first V shape from the previous row.
- Repeat the treble, chain, treble into the next V from the previous row and repeat until you reach completion of the row.
- Put a treble into the top of the Ch3 from the previous row, however change colour as in the past.
- Turn, and repeat the treble, chain, treble series in each V from the previous row.